I’m back again guys :) I just couldn’t keep away from these guys for long, let’s be honest, we all wanted to see the offspring. So let’s get going ;)
Time seemed to fly by so quickly after Terra told me her news….She was pregnant! We were pregnant! I had been responsible for bringing a new life into this world, and Terra had been part of it!
We decided to keep it between us, as she was still shy about letting people know her secret, but I was relieved when we both received an invitation to Garnet’s wedding, and I thought it would be good for both of us to leave the house.
She looked beautiful on her wedding day, just like she had always dreamed she would. I was happy for her, we had known each other for a long time, and she was like a very close friend to me now, and Citrus seemed like a great guy.
Before the wedding ceremony officially began, Garnet rushed outside, and I heard the sound of her retching. Terra turned to me with a knowing smile and said she would go help her out.
Citrus went outside to see if she was ok, and after a little talk with Terra, she was all ready to say her vow’s and be wed. Everyone in attendance smiled and cheered, including me. But I couldn’t help but think how much bigger this was compared to our wedding. How she needed the attention and I didn’t..
Terra couldn’t wipe the smile off her face, I kept nudging her asking what Garnet had told her, but she kept responding along the lines of ‘Oh you’ll see’ and ‘Girl Stuff’ what was I supposed to make of that?
I insisted we went home earlier then everyone else, what with Terra’s bump, I didn’t want her standing to much, despite the things she called me in response.
“I think I heard them kick Terra! It means they love us!”
“When you come out, daddy is going to love you, and hug you…and tickle you!” So sometimes I got carried away, it’s better then not caring at all right?
“Tyler, you have many screws loose, if you keep talking to them, they will NEVER come out!”
But all of those rude comments were forgotten when our lips met, I vowed to make her feel like a princess during this pregnancy, and even beyond that.
Of course with a on coming baby, a new room needed to be built and furnished, and that job fell to me. I never claimed to be creative or skilled, but about 6 months in, I finally let her take a look, and judging by her hug and crying, she liked it. But I blamed the hormones.
The garden was also strictly off limits to her. No matter how much she insisted I strove to stay strong, in the end she wore me down, to letting her water and talk to the plants, she has me wrapped around her finger completely.
I also didn’t have time to go out and fish anymore, so I invested a bit of money into making a small pond in the back garden and stocking it with some common fish. It was a good distraction when Terra was in one of her ‘moods’
A lot of the time she wasn’t even here though, she liked to spend time with her ‘tribe’ since they had welcomed her back with open arms. They were all supportive of course, especially little Oak and Elm.
“That is so amazing Terra! I had better be their uncle, got it?” Oak was a lot more forward then Elm, she often stayed silent, but insisted she was excited, just concerned for both Terra and the babies health. That was a worry we both shared.
“…We miss you around here Ra..” She often told me that she to missed that life, and the people she loved. I told her time and time again, I would give up everything to join them, but she laughed and said she wouldn’t raise her child in the cold.
While she was blossoming as every day passed, my self esteem seemed to be at an all time low. Who could possibly brag by catching a 3cm minnow?
Whenever she caught me watching her while she slept she would tell me off, but it didn’t stop me. She was just to beautiful not to stare at. I was eagerly counting down the days till we had a baby to hold in our arms.
But as the days drew closer, her mood swings got worse, and I quickly learnt it was just better to leave the room, while my head was still attached.
“Damn TV, I didn’t even DO anything! Do you know what I WILL do? I’m going to smash the heap of junk into tiny pieces!” Those weren’t her EXACT words, but I figured you didn’t need to know the actual wording…
And it always fell to me to fix it, as I said, I wasn’t the most skilled person alive, so every time I held my breathe expecting something to go wrong, sucj as electrocution was better then facing Ra’s wrath.
More happy news came when Garnet came over one summers day. I could tell something was different, she was glowing, and I knew where I recognised the glow..
“Our kids could be the best of friends! Or what if they are different sexes! They could date!”
“Could you image how cute that would be? I am so happy with how our lives turned out…Don’t you?”
Sure they both got excited over every possibility, but it was cute for about 5 minutes before I had to leave a there was just to much ‘mother love’ in the room.
Amazingly it was on one of her visits that I heard the first cry of pain, from Terra, while I ran from inside and took her hand, before she shook it off, clenching her teeth and telling me to take her inside and leave her alone.
Then I had to deal with Garnet’s cries saying “Don’t be so stupid! Take her to the hospital you idiot!” I was conflicted…Listen to my loves’ wishes? Or do the thing that my mind and heart told me to do?
In the end, I won. She was going to the hospital no matter what. But she insisted on driving, I told her she was crazy…But she was, and I was NOT going to get on the wrong side of her.
All possible worries surfaced in my head as she walked into those double doors, and we signed in. So much could go wrong..Could I go on if I lost her? I tried to tell myself the odds of that happening were so low, but if there was just the slightest possibility of her being harmed..
All of those fears turned out to be that…Just fears. My eyes watered as I heard her first cry…We all cried at that moment, as our daughter was laid on Terra’s chest, and examined, perfectly healthy, they both were.
I was speechless the whole way home, this all seemed so real now. I was a daddy, and nothing could ever compete with that, without saying a word, we entered her nursery, and Terra insisted we leave her be for a while. I was going to ask her what we should name our child, when she said “Petal.” The name was fine with me..
As soon as Terra was tucked safely in bed, recovering, I held our sleeping daughter and held her to my chest. She was so tiny, but looked so much like me. From that moment on, I knew I would do whatever she wanted in a heartbeat..
“Welcome to the family Petal…Mummy and daddy will love you, forever and ever..”
Luckily for us, Petal was a very quiet baby, and once a routine was established, we wouldn’t break it. Of course that left us for a lot of ‘us’ time, but we were sure not ready for another baby yet so kept it to just cuddling for now.
I was still in love with her just like I was the first night I laid eyes on her, on her true self, when she trusted me enough to reveal who she was. I turned to her and kissed her nose, and she giggled at me. There were only 3 words that could sum up my feelings for her.
“I love you..”
Our home was truly a home filled with love. I would love to watch Terra feed our little Petal, and the happiness and love that Petal displayed on her little face showed so much affection it made all the early morning feeds, and nappy changes worth it.
We both agreed that one of us should be inside at all times in case Petal started to cry, so often I woke up even earlier then I used to, in order to start work on the farm, and let me tell you. While I worked and saw her wake up in the mornings, sure got me off to a good start.
Unfortunately for us, the older Petal got, the louder she cried and more frequent. Still, we loved her just as much as the day she was born.
Terra loved spending time with her daughter, and thankfully for me, she even liked the parts most parents didn’t, such as the ‘diaper duty’ but she loved it, as she was ‘one with nature’
It would probably seem really stupid to any of you, but one morning when my first plant died, we both got a big emotional..
“Remember when I first saw you talking to this plant?” I asked smiling as she resisted the urge to cry..
“Yeah…You thought I was nuts…So many reasons to be thankful.”
So many reasons indeed….
Terra didn’t want to take Petal into the forest but insisted the twins or any other tribe member could come over to see her, but we both knew which pair would be first to take her up on that offer…
“Ra! She is SO cute! Can I hold her? Can I? CAN I?”
“Has she called me uncle yet? Huh? Has she?” You could only laugh when Oak was around, being the youngest, he had no experience with babies, but he loved spending time with Petal, sometimes with assistance we even let him hold her.
While Oak spent a lot of time with Petal and Terra, Elm often chose to spend outside with me, she was naturally happier outside I guess, but I enjoyed teaching her her to fish, she was a natural.
“Will you let me have a go next time I come over Tyler?” How could I say no to those big black eyes, that looked very similar to Terra’s? Beside, I would have said yes anyway, I loved kids, especially Elm.
“Thanks Ty….You’re the best human I ever met.” Sure, I was the only one, but Elm had proved difficult to accept humans, so that phrase meant the world to me, so I pulled her into a hug, which she thankfully welcomed.
It made me realise that I was miserable as an only child, and as I said, me and Terra both loved kids, so we decided to let…nature take it’s course. If another child came are way..We wouldn’t mind.
After all, Petal was quickly growing and we were soon celebrating her passage into toddlerhood, after I quickly toddler-proofed the house.
My heart stopped beating for a moment once Terra placed her on the floor, I knew that was the moment. The moment are little girl wouldn’t be quite so little.
And what a angel our little Petal was. I was over the moon when she almost looked like a mini me, but she defiantly had her mothers ears, and I was sure I saw her mothers face on her.
Terra had a great time trying to teach Petal the xylophone, she claimed she was a child prodigy and could be a huge musical sensation, but I think she was over-reacting a smidge, sure my girl was good, but I wouldn’t big up her hopes.
Sure every time we tried to sneak in a little cuddle here and then, Petal would toddle up to the sofa, and try to hoist herself up, resulting in her landing on her bottom, so we nestled her between us, and often watched kids TV. Oh well, there was always bedtime!
And most of the time it fell to me to be the one to put her to sleep, her mummy couldn’t resist her ‘No mwumma, no gwo in’ pleas, but daddy is a lot tougher.
“Night, night Princess Petal..”
“Nwight nwight dadda!”
And more often then not, the twins were around as often as possible, but little Petal had no complaints there.
“No Petal, like this!”
“Me no swee!”
“Boo! I see you Petal!”
“Thwere you ares!” And then she’d giggle and kiss whichever twin was playing with her, it was like we were a happy family already, and apparently, Terra noticed that to.
“Ty? I’ve been thinking…The twins are here a lot anyway and…And I want them to have a good life, out of dangers way and…” I kissed her cheek and held her hand.
“Just say it..”
“I want to adopt the twins…Officially.”
Please leave feedback so I can improve if it’s boring!
:O THAT WAS AMAZINGTASTICAL! Wow, great job!!! Yay! The twins are awesome!!!!!!
ReplyDelete:O:O:O Wow. Now Petal is amazingly cute!!! She has her mummy's ears!!! Yay! Lol!!!!!!!! :D MINI ELFLINGS! :D:D
AWESOME CHAPTER it was everything I was waiting impatiently for! ;D Loved it, can't wait for the next one.. =D
That was great im hooked =D
ReplyDeleteI'm loving this blog :)
ReplyDelete